Monday, March 12, 2012

I liked how we talked about writing a letter to someone when you are trying to convey your feelings towards them but you just cant quite get the words out in person, or your emotions may come off different than what you are feeling. I have always enjoyed getting hand written notes from my mother and cherish those sweet letters. At times when we aren't fully understanding each other, we will write a letter. With this method, we are able to collect and organize our thoughts and it is more personal. I have noticed how my older sister gets into arguments with my mom and will say things she later regrets, with a note I am able to write, erase whatever I want to say. This also is beneficial because it give you time to calm down if you are raging with anger after the argument. It is important to communicate clearly with your family, spouse, children, friends, or whoever it may be.
I also enjoyed learning about how the 12 Apostles and Presidency council. I especially liked the part where they go around the table expressing their love and gratitude for each other. If we applied this in our home think of how the spirit would be much more present!-as well as they fewer arguments the family would encounter. They also pray before each meeting which is another significant way to council. Before making any major decisions with your husband, it is important to council before the Lord and ask for His help. Prayer is an amazing way to draw closer to our Heavenly Father and is something we shouldn't take for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment